Wednesday, February 15, 2006

High Speed Let Down

Well folks Homee Dad ( with a little pushing from Sue ) decided to take the plunge into the world of high speed internet. Yes that's it I will open my pockets for all and join the rest. So we identify the one that is feasible, KMTS who supply the local internet service. The sales pitch left Hommee Dad drooling - 60 times faster than dial up, 5 GB downloads per month and 3 GB uploads per month - we are guaranteed this is far more than we could use.

60 times faster - WOW can you imagine just as I direct my nimble 45 ( almost 46 ) year old fingers towards the keys , the internet gremlin knows just were I want to go and starts running. As I hit the key the destination explodes infront of me on my screen. Does life get any better?

If that isn't enough 5GB downloads and 3 GB uploads - just think every month I will at no extra cost receive 5 Great Big downloads and 3 Great Big uploads. Not quite sure what constitutes Great Big but it sure sounds impressive.

Homees world is getting faster - my blogging will definitely reap the rewards of this new age. So I go to work with in the morning with the anticipation of super blogging when I return home. The hours just crawl, the day cannot go fast enough ( perhaps I need high speed life - or maybe just a life would do ). But all is good, I have the Leafs, Wombats, no toe jam ( cleaned it out yesterday), 4 great kids, a wonderful piece of paradise on Lock Bay, and last but certainly not the least - did I mention the leafs - REBOOT !!!!! --- I meant to say an adorable , supporting, loving, all encompassing wife !!!!! That's right - it was Sue who pushed for the high speed internet!

My day was done , I rush from work to make the journey home, - just 9.6 miles that's all it is , nothing will get in my way. Well except for the Sgt. that just needed to talk to me before I left, The frozen car that needed to thaw before I drove away, and lets not forgot the lady infront of me that chose this minute to leave her duties in the kitchen so that she could be in front of me on the highway, just to screw everything up! ( wasn't her man going hungry at the homestead? )

Well I make it home and remember to bring the car to a full stop before exiting ( that's another story ), rush into the house and head straight to the computer. Blog topics and running through my mind faster than peanut butter melts off hot toast. Just as I push the button to turn on the computer Sue ( you know - the love of my life ) she breaks my frenzy with " Oh the internet people came - they said we cant get it because they cannot get a signal from our house - we are on the fringe " I hear the annoying dialing sound the computer makes as it connects to the internet just as she finishes with the news, can this be - no high speed - no life - no blogging at the speed of light - no great big downloads are great big uploads?

I spend the evening sulking, staring at my blog wondering if the man knew just who he was holding back - after all I AM HOMEE DAD - does he know that - does he care?

So lets evaluate my position. The Leafs they are still there, Wombats will live forever - if only in my mind, toe jam will return offering some entertainment - The 4 wonderful kids, I can still count on communications with them as they use their high spe......... inter.... ( I can't bare to say it - you know what I mean). Lock Bay is still paradise, and Sue she accepts me with or without High Speed - what else could a man ask for.

signing off slower than most
Homee Dad

5 Comments:

Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

You should ask Ken about high speed, by satellite. His e-mail is the same as mine but replace "wendy" with "ken". It isn't too expensive and we love it. We can even get it and we're almost in Algonquin Pk where cell phones are only fashion accessories.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dad that sucks. i'm in the airoport in vancouver (5 hours witing for the next flight) and mum says she is on the fring too and KMTS can't help them so they went through Prarie Communication or Prarie Mobile (something like that), she says it's awsome and only $45/month. Mum says you can probably rent the equipment for it (not totally sure about this) but she bought it from NET.V for about $1000(there almost history now)and it is HIGH SPEED. Check it out, if you need more info let me know, i'll get it for you with the HIGH SPEED i use. Isn't high speed great, oh wait you wouldn't know. hahahaha...love you and miss you
bean

12:11 PM  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

Hommee:

Sometimes life does suck, we have just upgraded to 23% faster and that makes a huge difference. We can't get high speed here either and we're 10 minutes out of Newmarket. In fact the people on west side of Woodbine have it. They have cable TV and Enbrigdge Gas as well. But not us.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Megan, Kellon and Mekhi said...

OH MY GOD! My father (Hommee Dad) has splurged and has High Speed Internet!! Next thing you know he's going to turn the heat up higher in the house ha ha ha!

Love you

2:57 PM  
Blogger blah blah blah said...

Dad when on earth are you gonna start bloggin more.. you can't just leave everyone hanging... We need some more...

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home