Friday, April 07, 2006

A new Sheriff in town

Homee Dad has embarked on yet another road, one which will prove both a challange and fun over the next couple years. It seems two of our communities Sioux Narrows and Nestor Falls ( SNNF) have been granted thier own police officer, one that is dedicated to just those communities for enforcement and community concerns. Not a new concept but going back to an age old concept. Anyway it seems Homee Dad has been posted as the SNNF Community Officer, we still have officers that will swing down to SNNF when needed - but my zone is SNNF. I look at it as Homee being the Law in town - The new sheriff ( isn't that scary ). Brings back great stories from the past Doc Holiday and the crew, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson and what of Butch Cassidy ( OOOPS wrong side of the law ) - Lets try Robin Hood.

Just think of the opportunities to pad my pock..... I mean serve the community. Aw isn't justice great, - power - a shinny car -speed traps around every corner. I have been studying the dukes of hazards episodes - excellent training video's. Life is good!!!

Alas being sheriff isn't all fun and games - think of the pressure, the communities concerns are my concerns, thier issues become mine, I must take ownership of the problems, will I be able to sleep at night - Oh did I mention I get my own office?? ( working on the secretary - I wonder if Daisy would be available)?

The challanges will be many - kissing mothers, shaking babies hands ( I may have that reversed ), Town hall meetings, community gatherings, public hangings, there is a pig roast scheduled next month - ( perhaps I may wish to avoid this activity).

Anyway must go for now as I see the glow of a sheriffs badge in the sky - somebody needs Homee Dad - The sheriff of SNNF. I will keep you posted!

Homee Dad

10 Comments:

Blogger blah blah blah said...

Dad you are my hero.. Remember that its part of the sheriffs duty to drink moon shine all day. Atleast it was in the one family guy episode.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad
That is soooooo cool ...oh my god tell me more...what is all of your duties....so i guess this makes you really important now in the cop world of kenora (not that you never were) tell me more...this is so cool...i already told my travel and tourism class (since i read your blog in class)....this is so cool....
CONGRADULATIONS
Tell me everything

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so i no i said this already but that is so awesome....

11:51 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Buddy - thanks for the heads up, I will look to you as my official Deputy to let me know what things I may be missen. Moon shine thats a great start, what do you think about cowboy boots - maybe alligator with metal toes??.

Bean - thanks for your enthusiasm, its great to see you are as excited as I am. I am working on gates to keep undesirables out of my town, perhaps a dome so I can control the weather. I have already been called to pose for the front of Mcleans, I'll need to get an agent.

Perhaps a book - or maybe I'll just go straight to a 13 part mini series on CBC - ya think maybe Jonny Depp could play me?, he may be busy - perhaps Russel Crow. To many issues right now - I need to shine my badge

Homee Dad " Sheriff"

2:31 PM  
Blogger Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

well thank you all for the comical story time. Congrats dad on your new town.

from Matt: don't go SNNF in the wrong places.

6:01 PM  
Blogger SusanE said...

Congratulations. Sounds like it has potential to be a lot of fun.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

Hokey Smokey ... remind me to stay away from SNNF .... just reading about it strikes fear in my hear!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Megan, Kellon and Mekhi said...

OH MY GOD! I'm sure I am the last one to read this and I can't believe it. They are giving MY DAD a community of its own. Dad, were you the only one who wanted the job???? ha ah ha just kidding, remember, its all fun and games until someone eggs your car!!!!!
BE SAFE!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Mego - ya believe it, I have already trained the population, the other day one of the seniors brought me cookies - I missed the apple pie cause some idiot decided to do something that I had to deal with. Being Sheriff is tough - not all fun and games. Still working on Daisey for my secretary - my office is cool.

1:09 PM  
Blogger blah blah blah said...

Dad how about you quit slacking and blog some more

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home