Sunday, April 08, 2007

Go Leafs........Just GO!!!

Well the roller coaster ride has come to an end, the Islanders dramatic win over New Jersey has made the ride final. My Leafs will not be hoisting Lord Stanley to the rafters at the Air Canada Centre. Yes Homee Dad is down, but alas I suppose there are those who will welcome the situation. After all Cherylinn will not need to secure tickets for her and Homee to attend the Leafs Stanley Cup final, nor will the Gryper need to hold Homee's hand as he maneuvers him around the big scary city.

It's tough for Homee to admit but his hopes and dreams have met somewhat of a road block, as they have since 1967 - 40 years since Lord Stanley has graced the city of my birth. 40 years since Canada's once friendliest City has had the pleasure of Lord Stanley's reflection in the down town core. 40 years since............................... HOLD ON, I CANT BELIEVE IT.

Homee Dad has just received a vision, a message of hope, an Oman as it were. !!!!!!!!
Stay with me folks ----------- 40 years - that's it, its quite clear.
Let me explain:

40 years since the leafs have put their gloves on Lord Stanly
Homee Dad has been blessed with wonderfull 4 offspring!!!!
40 divided by 4 is TEN

I giggle to myself, this cannot be a coincidence - let me continue

TEN !!!!!
Next season will be 2008
If you take all the numbers in 2008 and add them you get??
That's right - You guess it 10 !!!!!!!

Can you see the significance, the message that Homee Dad had been shown is clear
2008 - is the year of the leaf !!!!!!!

Homee can hold his head high, his jersey can again fly like a flag of HOPE

Thats it 2008, the year of the leaf!!!!!

Homee can now put all the sharp objects in the house back to their rightful place, and clear off a an cherished spot on the mantel for the team picture of the 2008 Toronto Maple Leafs - Stanley Cup Champs. I can hardly hold in the excitement, I think I will go wash my jersey and wear it to bed!!!

GO LEAFS GO !!!!
Always a Leaf Fan
Homee Dad

6 Comments:

Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

You have lifted everyone's hearts, Hommee, with your divine inspiration.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

Hommee I was heart broken as I sat and watched the game between NY and NJD. I was devistated that our boys in blue lost that 8th spot for the play offs, in a shoot out. I wept, I was so crushed. It was a two bottle of wine night after that. John and Melissa sat and laughed at me. My heart shattererd. The only good that has come out of this is we won't be tuning into hockey every night of the week until yes the 2007 - 2008 series begins. We should book our tickets early for next years play off season. Go Leafs Go.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Mr Gryper said...

Yes Homee 10 is the magic number. You have 10 toes which you can trip over each time you dream of a Leaf win and you land on the last 10 hairs you have left on your head. BUT you do have 10 finger tips which you can still hold on with while waiting for your miracle to take place.

The 2007/2008 season will be VERY 10ce for you.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Widget I am glad that I was able to bring hope to the constantly thumping organ used to transport blood through your sole. As for my imspiration, some may question the word devine - I just acknowledge the fact that I am the messenger. Gryper obviously either does not see the uplifting message or his sole is without a constantly thumping organ. I will meditate on his situation with the hopes that he too in 2008 may see the joys of the Blue and White.

Cherylinn - awe yes Homee also sat on the sofa while the roller coaster of emotions swept through his sole. The entire time I felt a presence but could not identify its origin. I now know it was that of my Leaf Solemate "Cherylinn", I was not alone. I look forward to 2007 - 2008 as we lift a glass at the ACC saluting our boys in blue.

Mr. Gryper - It appears your passion for the boys in blue is somewhat lacking. As I view your comments I am reminded of such movies as " On Golden Pond" or "Grumpy Old Men". It seems perhaps you are emulating certain characters who for obvious reasons you are making a connection.

Alas Homee see's through this stone cold exterior and understands that you secretly dream of the day that you are seated between Homee and Cherylinn as we watch our boys in blue making the move towards Lord Stanley.

Do not try this yourself Gryper as you may fall asleep, but Homee closes his eyes and invisions he and Cherylinn sitting in the ACC with a smokie in one hand and Beverage in the other. Do not fret Gryper you are there with warm milk in one hand and a warm cookie in the other.

Well Homee must sign off for now, did I mention my wonderfull nights sleep. While wrapped in my Leaf Jersey I had visions of stanley cups dance through my head!

Signing Off
Homee dad
Go Leafs Go

6:23 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Hello again Leaf Fans: Sidekick Sue has viewed my blog and has brought two items to my attenion.

1st: apparently Homee used the wrong sole ( should have been soul ). SK Sue laughed as she felt the one I used was probably more appropriate.

2nd: SK Sue apparently feels Homee Dad is picking on Gryper. I attempted to explain Gryper's past and how nobody was safe - I just got the LOOK!

Homee dad

9:24 AM  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

Homee....I close my eyes and see it too....Us sitting at the ACC, with beverages in hand and the crowds cheering and screaming as they bring out Lord Stanley. Just thinking about it, brings chills down my spine.
Gryper will have his hearing aids turned off, but the entire building will be rocking and he won't be able to miss that.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home