Monday, January 08, 2007

Keyless in Kenora

I am now sure of it - there are invisible people walking the streets of Kenora preying on unsuspecting people such as Homee dad. I am at the point that I alone will join Uncle George's Star wars program just to weed out these creatures. Let me explain

9:30 AM - Homee dad mounts the trusted ford ranger in order to travel to town - Mission, hair cut - must be neat and trim since I will no doubt be the guest of the Captain for 21 Days. So I direct said stead into town, Homee even remembers change for the small machines that eat coins but never seem to give anything in return. What ever happen to the days one could park without cost - " Global warming ".

Anyway Homee parks about 10' from the barber shop. Yes I still go to a barber, can't see any sense in going to a place that smells like perfume, has fancy pictures on the wall, and I pay $35.00 to some guy?? named Charmen. Call me old fashion but .... ( hold on just shoving my inside voice back before I get in trouble)

So I exit the truck, walk 10' to the barber shop, do the deed - takes about 10 minutes, walk back outside - use the automatic door opener to open truck - thus my dilemma begins - where did the damn key go! I have a chain with 15 keys but one! I search all over and after some time call Sue who is working and needs to save me AGAIN ! ( I may as well say it because she would if I didn't. Something about locking the keys in the truck ?

Homee says - no problem life is good - in 4 sleeps I will be piloting THE SEA around the oceans of the Caribbean. I will just go get another key cut.

Walk into key shop - ask the nice man to cut another key - nice man politely refuses as apparently the key has some chip inside that means it is smarter than the one presenting it to be cut. He acts as if I should have been well aware of that fact. " I can only cut a key if presented with a matching and corresponding set, which you apparently do not have" of course Homee needs to reply and does " IF I HAD A MATCHING AND CORRESPONDING SET I WOULD NOT BE HERE!!!" Inside voice felt the urge to add STUPID at the end but I was strong.

After some blank stares the mans instructs I will need to go to the Ford Dealer to get another key. As I am walking out he states with a smirk of course " the key will probably be about $45.o0 before programing". The door shuts !

Homee drives over to the nice Ford dealership, has a key cut and then is told that he needs now to go to the service dept. to get programed. I wonder to myself is that the key or yours truly, cause Homee sure wasn't on the same page.

So the girls at the service dept. ask for the key I had cut, the key I did not "misplace", both FOBS??, the truck --- and 1 hour? Homee was lost on the word FOB, not wanting to admit I had no clue at all I said we don't have any fobs. The girl at the desk turns to the other and says - Isn't this SUE CAINS truck, the second nods affirmative and they both say in unison - we are sure Sue has FOB. I think to myself I would know if Sue had FOB, she would not hide that from Homee, we would have got her shots, or medicine or something.

Homee must have still had that cute but stunned look on his face because girl # 2 then holds up something which closely resembles our automatic door unlockers. Homee dad may be somewhat simple at times but catches on. To late to try and catch myself, I admit to being a total fool at which girl # 1 says - that's alright - its Sue's truck we usually deal with her.

So not having both FOBS with me at present I agree to return tomorrow with the working key, the cut key, the truck, and both FOB's. I will leave said items with the nice Ford people - walk up to Tims for my $1.54 xlarge steep tea (double milk) and wait. If anyone asks - I will tell turn to them, take a sip of my tea, and sounding quite intelligent say " I'm just getting my FOBS reprogrammed)

Needing a vacation
Homee dad
4 sleeps to go!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i am still wanting to go on the cruise with you ...but dad that was hilarious .... only you can pull something like that off ...lol...have fun love you

8:22 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Hey bean: you really wouldn't want to be laying around a floating piece of metal and plastic for 21 DAYS!!!!!! - we will probably get really bored.

Love Ya
Homee dad

10:42 AM  
Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

I think you should let Sue deal with all things vehicle-ish .... nobody will think less of you ... honest!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

widget: thanks for your words of encouragement - I would have something Homee-ish to reply but we are out the door on route to the SEA!!!!!!!.

Talk at you guys on my return - perhaps sooner if I can figure things out on the ship.

Homee Dad

9:03 AM  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

Only you Homee.....

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home