Saturday, October 14, 2006

If pumpkins had teeth

With the fall fast approaching we all look forward to the Fall classic - thats right the one and only Charlie Browns original "THE GREAT PUMPKIN". As Charlie seeks out to find the great pumpkin we can only be honest with ourself. Thats right - you know the question each of us asks at this time of year. Would we really stick our hands into the great cavity atop the pumkin, just to feel that unforgetable sensation. ( Dont worry Steph and Matty - you soon will know the feeling - just the odour may be different ). Would we really be that brave if Pumkins had Teeth!!!

Its funny I woke up this morning, as I waundered down the hall to turn up the furnace (no need to heat the house when your sleeping - what if you don't wake up - what a waist) Alas I stray from the subject at hand. As I walk down the hall I say to myself "SELF" what if pumkin had teeth? I would have said this to Sue but she already worries about me.

Surprisingly enough I found that self had an answer..... Pumkin Pie with chunks?
Dentists would be giving out free pumkins each fall. But since Pumkins don't have teeth we are forced to receive a new tooth brush, and string that we drag though the spaces between our teeth.

I guess life is full of trade offs

stay real

Homee Dad

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you think of these thigs....hahaha ....keep them coming its nice to see your blog again

5:36 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Just remember... Dave Cain is my dad. ...works every time!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you say so ... ahhaha

11:53 AM  
Blogger Mr Gryper said...

I'm glad to see you have been reincarnated even if it took a pumPkin to do it. Welcome back from where ever you went to.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

We've missed you Homee. The great pumpkin contest is brewing. I'm gonna kick ass.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Jojo said...

With all that manure at Shady Lane Farm you have a decided advantage in a pumpkin growing contest.I vote Cheryl for Pumpkin Queen. She/he who has the most manure wins!!!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Ah JoJo - your comments are of no concern. I agree that the farm may have an over abundance of manure but ....

Have you not heard the tale of the spiny spotted ewart. not to be confused with that of the spinny ewart. For you see the spots make the difference, and what a difference it is.

My point you ask?

I suggest if you need to ask - you would never see. As it has been said in the past - those who are fed may often go hungry!

Pumkins need more than Shady Lane could ever offer!

Homee Dad

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a little video clip on Sympatico/MSN that shows people in Sweden (I think) who carve out LARGE pumpkins and use them as boats and hold an annual race. I tried to copy the link and post it, but couldn't get it to work.

8:59 AM  
Blogger PRINCE CHARMING said...

I will grow a pumpkin with teeth hydroponically beat all of you long live PRINCE CHARMING!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home