Sunday, December 09, 2007

I must be strong

Well I arrived last week at Ontario Police College, I was nervous as this is where it all began. Was my hair short enough ( I had hair 24 years ago), The entrance had not changed, same old desk, just big enough to make you feel small. Walked up to the registry " Cain C A I N - David "looking around to see what had changed. Nothing noted

Your Res 1 Pod 1023 Mr. Cain - WHHHAATTTT !!!!!!! RES # 1 Pod 10 - that was my Pod from those horrible days of fears gone by. I slowly walk to my Pod and notice again nothing has changed - same grey carpet, same wanna be white blinds, appears to be a new light bulb in the room, new clock radio but that's it.

I was late getting in so the crew was all gathered in the pod talking, but there was a slight problem. The language I could not understand? Where was I, was this the twilight Zone, had I been morphed into another dimension, Was I to wake up to see myself stuffed and standing in the corner??

But alas Homee Dad was able to gain control - the language was starting to sound like something, Visions of shrimp, whales, crab were flowing through my grey matter. Oh My GOD I was on the east coast. I have been transported to the Island as they call it. I began to look around expecting soon to be attacked by people wearing yellow rain hats, rubber boots, carrying a Cod in one hand and a bottle of screech in the other.

I soon learned that the majority of my mates were RCMP from the coast as they called it. Yeh I realised quickly I was in for a time I may never forget.

This is Sunday 09th Dec, I have been here since Sunday 03rd Dec. what happened to the week, its those newfies - They have done something with my time. Everything was different by not an hour but by the 1/2 hour. There was a whole new meaning to boy or Buy, or Bouy, or Byw or - well you get the point.

All of a sudden it came to me, This was gods doing - he was preparing me for the inevitable, I wanted to grab Bean immediately and shake her - its that Byw "CLINTON" he's done this to me. All my jokes while out in Pet. my god he really does have powers.

I will be cautious this week and look for weakness, this cannot be happening

My lord (as they always say) here they come, I must shut down - I duck - "OUCH " These desks are low. I must go - I cant hear the chanting - sounds strangely like " eyes the byw that builds a boat" must be there national anthem or something.

I will make every effort to assimilate until I can conquer, That's what Brave heart would have done.

Must Go - smelling salt water and seagulls

Homee Dad

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have outdone yourself, i am wipping tears of laughter from my eyes as we speak. Dad, i cannot wait to read this to clinton, he is gonna love it..... make friends with those RCMP as you never know when clinton and i will be back on the island, and 'ys' buy' once and a while i catch myself speaking that foreign language. You will have to learn it for the days of newfie grandchildren .... you have a while for that though ... but quick start learning .... and no worries i think your hair was short enough this time ... maybe too short??

6:02 AM  
Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

Some things never change ... I can't imagine walking through those doors again. However ....

Having a group of Newfoundlanders there would make it the best time ever!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Yeh - Guess what Big news - Huge News - Today Homee Dad was advised he was voted class validictorian (??)
Once I looked that up in the dictionary I was surprised (me being shy and all)Anyway apparently I need to address the class, soem local group attending and I thing some kind of political type on Thurs. Night.

Stressed Buey - or boy or >>>>

Got to go

Homee Dad

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe i should quickly send you the newfie dictionary to help you out with your speach ....what do u say ..lol

5:22 AM  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

That may help but I figure I may just " Pull me a rip cord") ?????? Not quite sure what the heck that means but they say it alot.

apparently its something they like about me so I will keep it up.

Homee Dad

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home