Saturday, February 09, 2008

the sun has set on another adventure

Homee Dad and SKS have returned again to the frozen tundra known as home. As the saying goes "all good things must come to an end" Who is it that made that absolutely STUPID comment. Have they ever scraped the bottom of the peanut butter jar, or emptied that last linguring drop of rum, or of all things returned to -30 degree's while leaving 28 above?

Well this is when all good campers just suck it up and get back to the reality of life. As we sit here this evening discussing our trip we now realise just why we are so tired. 11 days at sea, 2 people, many friends, and of course an undetermined quantity of rum. What you ask did HD and SKS do to entertain themself?

Here we go - climbed a volcano- once on top had to push it and go where the guide told us not to (not my fault I was a victim), kayaked over pearl blue waters, zip lined a course of 11 zips after we road a gondola to the top of Mount Krumpit, snorkled a total of four locations (chased some puffers, squid and octopus), danced every night until we passed out ( perhaps a combination of tired and rum?), sailed a tall ship for 7 hours, on which we danced, snorkeled, swung off into the ocean numerous times, climbed onto the front for a photo shoot, layed on our back on the deck while catching free falling tequila in my mouth (Homee Dad), flashed the locals while riding a colourful part bus shaking maraka's (again I was a victim), climbed a rock wall (SKS winner of a gold medal), walked numerous miles of roads and sidewalks while taking in the local culture, food and rum, played shuffle board on deck of ship, participated in numerous ship evening
activies, juggled on stage infront of a room full of drinking an drunk passengers. Did I mention we drank Rum? All of this while enjoying the company of some wonderful new friends all of whom we would love to travel with in the future.

I am absolutely sure I have missed something but as I said at the start we need to rest. Many have used the phrase a picture tells a thousand words, well if thats the case this video not only sums up our entire adventure but in my opinion demonstrates what life is all about.






Getting old is manditory - growing up is not
Enjoy life my friends - when in doubt just laugh

Stay young

Homee Dad

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

love the video dad...

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dad, i LOVE that video .... you can be heard a mile away ... glad u all had fun, sorry its over, but next time can u PLEASE take me.... :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

When I first heard the video, I thought "what kind of jungle life is that"....then I realized it you Homee....LMAO. My dogs are all howling at the sound.
I'd willing go as well and have some rum....

7:44 AM  
Blogger Megan, Kellon and Mekhi said...

Hey Dad,
I think that was the very same zip line that I was screaming on, can't remember, you'd have to ask Hilary cause she would have heard me. Same scream. Glad you guys had fun!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home